FORUMS

Top Earners This Week
1
tuputisima Points: 702 Lv 16
2
Born_to_grill Points: 587 Lv 30
3
putamierda17 Points: 585 Lv 30
4
cocoloco2 Points: 579 Lv 30
5
Hofi Points: 578 Lv 30
6
kilrah Points: 572 Lv 30
7
pieta101159 Points: 557 Lv 30
8
A-DIOS Points: 553 Lv 18
9
cena80 Points: 552 Lv 30
10
korner7006 Points: 552 Lv 12

Losing some Community Gain? Update on recent ARP audit.

  • 15

Recently, we ran some audits of our ARP system and discovered a few exploits. Those exploits have been patched out and we're monitoring for any issues related to it. In the process, we also removed a lot of ARP that was erroneously awarded to some members. The majority of accounts that lost ARP were bad actors purposely exploiting the system. Others, who were innocent - which I assume is everyone reading this - were also effected from the exploits by gaining ARP from votes that were maliciously given to you. You "others" did nothing wrong and are not being punished. However, if you were the benefactor of someone using this method on your posts, you will no longer have that ARP.  

This means that some will notice a couple dozen ARP lost. A few others might even lose a couple hundred. But in the end, its all about the friends we made along the way. 

Edited
Replies • 8

I understand you can't get into details for obvious reasons. But in the end it should hurt people "earning" thousands of ARP per week.crying


hbarkas said:

I understand you can't get into details for obvious reasons. But in the end it should hurt people "earning" thousands of ARP per week.crying

It did. It hurt them by the thousands.  



I only lost ~few dozen points which is not awful. However, I hope this does not occur again. It was bad enough I was hit by "being banned" for trying too many times. I lost out on 2 days of everything. The attacks on websites to steal data and other things are up a lot. From what I read it is more than just some kid in the basement it is much much worse than that. 


SuntopK said:

I only lost ~few dozen points which is not awful. However, I hope this does not occur again. It was bad enough I was hit by "being banned" for trying too many times. I lost out on 2 days of everything. The attacks on websites to steal data and other things are up a lot. From what I read it is more than just some kid in the basement it is much much worse than that. 

Even i lost some ARP buddy. lol 


iJess said:
SuntopK said:

I only lost ~few dozen points which is not awful. However, I hope this does not occur again. It was bad enough I was hit by "being banned" for trying too many times. I lost out on 2 days of everything. The attacks on websites to steal data and other things are up a lot. From what I read it is more than just some kid in the basement it is much much worse than that. 

Even i lost some ARP buddy. lol 

LOL it is fine I am glad this has been sorted out. I do not understand what happened back then. I rather everything be fair.

 

 


I don't think I ever exploited anything, but I did lose 127 ARP.  I gained most of my ARP posting giveaways and pictures.  Oh well :/