Effective Date: May 24, 2018
iGames, Inc. ("iGames") owns and operates the Site but we collect and process the personal information from the Site on behalf of Dell, Inc. ("Dell").
Collection and Use of Personal Information
We collect the following personal information from you: a) Contact information such as name, email address, mailing address, phone number, and b) Unique identifiers such as user name, account number, password. We also collect from you, demographic information such as age, education, gender, interests and zip code. We use this information based on your consent and as necessary to administer and provide the service we committed to provide in our contract to you, specifically:
- To administer contests and sweepstakes you entered, and notify you if you won.
- To confirm you meet the minimum age requirements when applicable for events and promotions.
- To list you in our member directory made available only to other members.
- When you register for an event, your name, nick-name or handle, and sometimes country of residence will be displayed for other users of the Site to view.
- If you wish to participate in events, contests or sweepstakes, you will be required to provide certain personal information for us to perform our contractual obligations and may be asked, at your option, to provide additional information which may be distributed to sponsors and affiliates. In addition, we will collect the entries (which may also include play brackets, images/videos submitted as part of the entry, etc.) and results of the event, contest or sweepstakes (final placing, winning entries, etc.), and incorporate them into the Site for viewing by other users.
- If you participate in an event managed and administered by a third-party organizer, your personal information will be provided to such organizer only in order to operate the event and publicly report the results. If you don't want your personal information provided to an organizer, then do not participate in such third-party events.
- When signing in through the Steam OpenID provider, users will be authenticated using their 64-bit SteamID. If you choose to link your Alienware Arena account with Steam, a link will be added to your Steam profile page and a button on your Alienware Arena profile page to message a Steam member.
- When you participate in a Challenge as part of Alienware Academy, your SteamID will be passed to a third party to track, report and administer the Challenges.
- When you opt in to receive the Alienware Arena newsletter, you will receive Alienware Arena marketing communications. You may unsubscribe at any time by clicking unsubscribe at the bottom of the email or by updating your preferences on your Alienware Arena account profile.
You may choose to stop receiving our newsletter or marketing emails by a) following the unsubscribe instructions included in such emails, b) entering your email address at http://www.alienwarearena.com/account/unsubscribe, or c) you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may withdraw your consent at any time for any processing of your personal information we do based on consent you have provided to us.
We enable you to create a profile, and share information such as messages, photos, screen shots and videos with others. Please note that we cannot control the actions of others with whom you may choose to share your pages and information.
We may provide your personal information to companies that provide services to help us with our business activities such as an email service provider, customer service or event management contractors. These companies contractually agree to only use your personal information as necessary to provide these services to us. Examples are:
- When we send you an email via our service provider, they are provided your email address.
- When you participate in an event, your personal information may be provided to an event management contractor to contact you about the event.
We may also disclose your information, including your personal information:
- In response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
- As required by law such as to comply with a subpoena, or similar legal process.
- When we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a government request.
- If iGames or Dell is involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, you will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our website at www.igamesinc.com, of any change in ownership or uses of your personal information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your personal information.
- To any other third party with your prior consent to do so.
As is true of most websites, we gather certain information automatically. This information may include Internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, the files viewed on our site (e.g., HTML pages, graphics, etc.), operating system, date/time stamp, and/or clickstream data to analyze trends in the aggregate and administer the site.
To manage Flash cookies, please click here: http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager07.html.
Behavioral Targeting / Re-Targeting
We partner with a third party to either display advertising on our website or to manage our advertising on other sites. Our third-party partner may use technologies such as cookies to gather information about your activities on this site and other sites in order to provide you advertising based upon your browsing activities and interests. If you wish to not have this information used for the purpose of serving you internet-based ads, you may opt-out by disabling cookies in your browser or if you are in the European Union click here: http://www.youronlinechoices.eu. Please note this does not opt you out of being served ads. You will continue to receive generic ads.
Social Media Features
You can log into the Site using sign-in services such as Facebook Connect or an Open ID provider. These services will authenticate your identity and provide you the option to share certain personal information with us such as your name and email address to pre-populate our signup form. Services like Facebook Connect give you the option to post information about your activities on the Site to your profile page to share with others within your network. Steam OpenID gives you the option to share your Steam profile and other activities data with your Alienware Arena profile.
The profile you create on the Site will be publicly accessible unless otherwise indicated. You may change the privacy settings of your profile through your account portal.
We do not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from anyone under the age of 13 (age 16 in the EU) or knowingly allow such persons to register. If you are under 13 (age 16 in the EU), please do not attempt to register on the Site or send any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, or email address. If we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under such minimum age, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child under 13 (age 16 in the EU), please contact us at email@example.com.
We recommend that minors over the age of 13 (age 16 in the EU) ask their parents for permission before sending any information about themselves to anyone over the Internet.
The security of your personal information is important to us. When you enter sensitive information (such as login credentials), we encrypt the transmission of that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL). We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Our Site offers publicly accessible blogs or community forums. You should be aware that any information you provide in these areas may be read, collected, and used by others who access them. To request removal of your personal information from our blog or community forum, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. In some cases, we may not be able to remove your personal information, in which case we will let you know if we are unable to do so and why.
Links to Other Websites
Correcting, Updating and Deleting Your Personal Information
You have the right to obtain our confirmation of whether we maintain personal information relating to you. Upon request, we will provide you with access to and/or a copy of the personal information that we hold about you. You may also may correct, amend or (assuming that this does not impact the services we are providing to you) delete the personal information and any other content we hold about you. You also may request that we restrict or cease the processing of your personal information while we make any corrections which you request. Please note that we may reject requests which risk the privacy of others or are unreasonable or repetitive, frivolous, would require disproportionate effort or for which access is not otherwise required by local law.
An individual who seeks access, or who seeks to correct or amend, or delete data, should log into the website and go to the Account section of the website or direct their query to email@example.com. If requested to remove data, we will respond within 15 days.
We will retain your information only for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. If you wish to cancel your account or request that we no longer use your information to provide you services, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will retain and use your information only as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements. We will respond to your request within 15 days.
You may receive a copy of your personal information which you provided to iGames in a structured and commonly used machine-readable format and you may transfer that information to another data controller. If it is technically feasible you may request that we transfer the data directly to another controller. We will comply with your request subject to verifying your identity and provided that it is technically feasible.
Notification of Privacy Changes
EU-U.S. and Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield
iGames is responsible for the processing of personal data it receives, under the Privacy Shield Framework, and subsequently transfers to a third party acting as an agent on its behalf. iGames complies with the Privacy Shield Principles for all onward transfers of personal data from the EU and Switzerland, including the onward transfer liability provisions. We enter into written agreements with third-party agents and service providers to which we may provide such personal data, requiring them to provide the same level of protection the Privacy Shield and our Privacy Policies require and limiting their use of the data to the specified services provided on our behalf.
With respect to personal data received or transferred pursuant to the Privacy Shield Framework, iGames is subject to the regulatory enforcement powers of the U.S. Federal Trade Commission. In certain situations, iGames may be required to disclose personal data in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
iGames has further committed to refer unresolved privacy complaints under the EU-U.S. and Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield Principles to BBB PRIVACY SHIELD, a non-profit alternative dispute resolution provider located in the United States and operated by the Council of Better Business Bureaus. If you do not receive timely acknowledgment of your complaint, or if your complaint is not satisfactorily addressed, please visit www.bbb.org/EU-privacy-shield/for-eu-consumers/ for more information and to file a complaint.
Under certain conditions, more fully described on the Privacy Shield website (https://www.privacyshield.gov/article?id=How-to-Submit-a-Complaint), you may invoke binding arbitration when other dispute resolution procedures have been exhausted.
You also have the right to seek assistance from the data protection authorities, Click here for EU Data Protection Authorities and click here for Swiss Federal Data Protection and Information Commissioner.
You can contact us in writing or by email at the address below:
iGames, Inc. 2242 E. Riverwalk Drive, Suite 200, Boise, Idaho 83706