FORUMS

Top Earners This Week
1
mishteuse Points: 967 Lv 20
2
bends9s Points: 615 Lv 13
3
djfenetic Points: 595 Lv 13
4
Edgy_Beneviento Points: 587 Lv 12
5
Amatoris Points: 580 Lv 30
6
KamikazE_Mind Points: 570 Lv 30
7
illumicorp.pro Points: 557 Lv 29
8
Cannith Points: 555 Lv 30
9
sweety811 Points: 552 Lv 10
10
williams.karen Points: 552 Lv 11

Dota 2 not recognized?

  • 7

I've been able to do all the Weekly gaming quests where you have to play a game for 1h, but for some reasons Dota 2 doesn't register at all. Clicking on the Check Games button doesn't mark it as being in my library, even though clicking on Visit Steam brings me to the DOTA 2 page where the game is in my library and installed.

Anyone had that happen and knows of a way to fix it? Thanks!

Replies • 9

Happened to me but haven't got a fix. Claimed Dota 2 yesterday, installed, played for a bit. Wasn't showing up when I clicked "Check Games". Today, same thing.


Ok, left it running in the background for half an hour then did the "Check Games" again and it's shown up and allowed me to click the "Start Quest" button.

majorfueling said:

Happened to me but haven't got a fix. Claimed Dota 2 yesterday, installed, played for a bit. Wasn't showing up when I clicked "Check Games". Today, same thing.

 


If you haven't played a game before, you first have to play it for about 10-20 minutes.

"Check Games" doesn't work instant, it has a delay of about 30-60 minutes to recognize changes of your Steam playtime, same with fulfilling the task, just be patient.

edited

Yes, although it wasn't clear that you have to *play* it for any period of time before the "Check Games" will recognize it as part of your library.

I definitely waited for the system to recognize that I'd added the game to my library and opened it up (to configure things, etc.) but held off on playing as I wanted to get the quest page to recognize it first. It still didn't recognize that, even after 24 hours. It was only after playing for X minutes that the system then recognized it as part of my Steam library.

 

Prosac0 said:

If you haven't played a game before, you first have to play it for about 10-20 minutes.

 


majorfueling said:

I definitely waited for the system to recognize that I'd added the game to my library and opened it up (to configure things, etc.) but held off on playing as I wanted to get the quest page to recognize it first. It still didn't recognize that, even after 24 hours. It was only after playing for X minutes that the system then recognized it as part of my Steam library.

 

You can't even start the task, by launching the game from AWA if the "Check Games" doesn't recognize the game

and you don't have to actively play it, just let it run in the background

edited

Yes, I'm referring to what I had to do to get the "Check Games" button to recognize I had the game installed. Installing it and spending a few minutes in the game didn't work; even 24 hours later, clicking on "Check Games" on the Dota 2 quest page didn't update and show the "Start Quest" button.

It wasn't until I let Dota 2 run/idle for 30 minutes that clicking on "Check Games" recognized that I had the game installed and gave the "Start Quest" button, so it would appear that there has to be more than just registering/downloading it for the AWA system to spot it. Whether that's 5 minutes of the game being open or longer is unclear (again, this was just my experience, it could be due to something else).
 

Prosac0 said:

You can't even start the task, by launching the game from AWA if the "Check Games" doesn't recognize the game

and you don't have to actively play it, just let it run in the background

edited 1h

 



majorfueling said:

Installing it and spending a few minutes in the game didn't work;

a few minutes aren't enough, try about 10-20 minutes

majorfueling said:

but held off on playing as I wanted to get the quest page to recognize it first.

my response was to that specific part, because it sounded to me, that you freely choose to held off, but this couldn't be the case, because when it doesn't recognize the game you are forced to wait, because you can't start the quest, this was all i wanted to say


Thanks. I can confirm that playing for a few minutes and closing the game and waiting does not work, but playing for about 30 minutes did unlock the quest correctly and the game is now recognized.

Also, you do not need to close the game for this to unlock. The game was still running when the Check Game button disappeared (after refreshing the page of course).