Friends vs Friends
Let’s talk about our new game, Friends vs Friends, shall we? Play 1v1 or 2v2 in online,
fast-paced, chaotic combat! Gain player levels, get new cards, improve the ones you already have, and get to
know an array of eclectic characters with their own unique passive skills. The best part? At this price, you can
invite all of your friends to get wrecked, guilt-free!
OK OK, you just want the bullet points, right? We got it.
● Friends vs Friends: Matchmake with players worldwide in 1v1 or 2v2 combat or host private matches
with your friends. Need Support? Invite your friends to spectate!
● A Game with Character: Choose from a stylish cast of characters, each with their own abilities that
improve the synergies of your deck.
● Low Price + High Quality = How?!: In order to keep the crew together, we made sure to level the
playing field on cost so jumping in is a big-brain move.
● Progress to Impress: Level up and get new cards through matched bouts and timed challenges.
● Stack Your Deck: Collect weapon, trap, and curse cards, then level them up to increase their power.
● Updates and Seasonal Content: Expect post-launch content including new unique characters, cards,
maps, and upgrades to your home base.
● Play Dress-up: Unlock cool cosmetics like skins and card design variants for bragging rights!
● Practice, Practice, Practice: Go up against bots to try out new card combos and improve your skills
for when it counts.
Stack Your Deck
At the core, FvF has something new to MPFPS - all your powers are based on cards! You’ll be able to use
a starter deck, and, through playing, you’ll unlock booster packs for new cards. Depending on the
character you choose (which we’ll cover below) you’ll want to design different decks to be more
offensive, defensive, or contain any number of card synergies you’ll discover through play.
You’ll start with a set number of cards during your first round (all matches are first to three wins) and
from there you can choose to play them all or hold onto any which will be added to the next round. Each
round you gain three more cards to add to your total. Depending on how many you hold, it can give you
a huge advantage as you progress!
What about the cards themselves? Well, we don’t want to spoil the surprise too much, but you’ll be able
to discover beautiful synergies between cards as you play! Take the “Heartless” card – this sees you
literally remove your heart and hide it somewhere on the level. Unless your opponent can find your
heart you’ll be invisible! OK, but, what if they use the “Nuke” card (which wipes the whole map to
something....new) while you’ve popped your ticker out? Well, your heart goes with it! We’re pumped to
see what combos you all come up with!
A Game with Character
Now you’ll see we mentioned characters above – at launch you can choose from ten different animals,
all with their own power! Do you want extra speed? Use the brutal “Haru”, a hare with no mercy for
their opponents. What about “Little Lars”, a polar bear that is anything but little. Don’t let their sweet
demeanor fool you, they pack a punch and are hard to take down as their thick coat acts as armor!
As you play through the various characters, you’ll naturally find your favorite and be able to build the
perfect deck for them and your play style.
We’re launching on May 30th and looking forward to seeing the card combinations and synergies you all
find that we haven’t even thought of! With a ton of free content updates and Premium Expansions
planned for the rest of the year, Friends vs Friends is going to rapidly grow and change its meta as it
does – this is the perfect chance to get in there and shape how the community plays! When we’re live,
you’ll be able to submit your decks and strategies to the wiki to share with others (or keep your secrets
safe – you decide