sounds like fun :D
Build It to Win It!
Build It to Win It!
Congratulations to our Winner, Maxine S. of Western Australia. Maxine has won with the tweet "This must be what it feels like to carry your first-born home <3" and selected a dream build Alienware 17 laptop!
Celebrating the Re-Launch of the ANZ site with our Dream PC Contest!
- Login or create your free Alienware Arena account
- Configure your dream Alienware on http://www.alienware.com.au/ or http://www.alienware.co.nz/ by using the links above up to a maximum budget of AUD 3200 or NZD 3500. (Note: You may need to turn off ad blockers to open the links.) Build choices are an Alienware Aurora, Alienware 13, Alienware 15 or Alienware 17.
- Copy and paste the build URL of your dream system into the entry field below.
- Provide your best creative answer in the second question field to "If you were to win your dream Alienware system, what would you Tweet to show your excitement?"
- A panel of 3 judges will score your creative answer based on the following judging criteria: Creativity, Originality and Humor. The top scoring entrant wins their dream Alienware system!
One entry per person. Entry may be modified throughout the submission period by returning to the entry page and copy/pasting the new build's URL into the entry field.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY
This skill contest is open only to legal residents of the Australia that are thirteen (15) years of age or older and New Zealand that are (13) years of age or older as of August 9, 2017.
Void where prohibited. Please see official rules linked below.
Entry closes September 10, 2017
ALIENWARE ARENA - BUILD IT TO WIN IT!
No Purchase or Payment Necessary to Enter or Win.
These rules (“Official Rules”) set forth the rules of the "Build It to Win It" (the “Contest”). iGames, Inc. (“Sponsor”) is the sponsor of the Contest.
By entering the Contest, you accept these Official Rules and agree to be bound by their terms. If you do not agree with these Official Rules, please do enter the Contest.
The Contest is open only to legal residents of New Zealand that are thirteen (13) years of age or older and legal residents of Australia that are fifteen (15) years of age or older, as of August 9, 2017 ("Entrants"). If you are not a legal resident of those areas, you are not eligible to participate in the Contest.
· If an Entrant is under the age of majority, then he/she must obtain prior consent from his/her parent or legal guardian to enter and the parent or legal guardian may be required to verify the granting of consent and/or sign a release at the discretion of the Sponsor. Failure of an Entrant’s parent or legal guardian to verify consent and/or sign a release will invalidate an Entrant’s Entry.
· All Entrants must have a valid e-mail address and it is Entrant’s responsibility to update the Sponsor of any change in their e-mail address.
· Participation in the Contest is subject to compliance with the requirements specified below.
· Employees of Sponsor, Dell Corporation, or any of their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising agencies, or any other company or individual involved with the design, production, execution, or distribution of the Contest and their immediate family (spouse, parents and step-parents, siblings, and step-siblings, and children and step-children) and household members (people who share the same residence at least three (3) months out of the year) are not eligible.
· Void where prohibited.
· No Entrant will be allowed to receive more than one (1) prize in the Contest.
2. Submission Period. The Contest submission period shall commence on August 9, 2017 at 9am AEST and end on September 10, 2017 at 11:59pm AEST (the "Submission Period").
3. How to Enter the Contest. You can enter the Contest by creating a free Alienware Arena account by providing the required information or using an existing Alienware Arena account. Using your account, log into the site and click “Enter” at https://anz.alienwarearena.com/ucf/show/1765624/boards/contest-and-giveaways-anz-1/Sweepstakes/build-it-to-win-it to register for the Contest during the Submission Period.
PART 1. Entrants will visit the applicable Alienware product page based on Entrant’s country of residence (http://www.alienware.com.au/ or http://www.alienware.co.nz/ ) where they will choose from 4 products to build/configure their ultimate Alienware PC up to a budget of AUD 3200 for residents of Australia or NZD 3500 for residents of New Zealand (the “PC Build”). The PC Build budget maximum must include all GST and shipping which is provided on upon completion of the build. Entrants must then copy and paste the URL for their final build into the field as indicated on the Contest entry page. Any Entry with a total PC Build cost (PC, shipping and tax) exceeding AUD 3200 or NZD 3500 will be considered void and not eligible for the Contest.
PART 2. The second part of the Contest is “Creative Writing.” Entrants must use their creative writing skills answer the question “If you were to win your dream Alienware computer, what would you Tweet to show your excitement? Entrant’s response should be 10 words or less and based on the following equally weighted “Judging Criteria”: Originality, Relevance and Humor.
Upon completion of Part 1 and Part 2, Entrant is provided one entry (“Entry”) in the Contest. Maximum of one Entry per person (regardless of the method of entry) during the Contest Period. Multiple entrants are not permitted to use the same email address. Any attempt by an entrant to obtain more than one entry will void the Entry and the Entrant will be disqualified. There is no fee to enter or compete for a prize.
4. Entry Requirements: By entering the Contest, Entrants represent and warrant that they have obtained all of the rights, licenses, and permissions in writing from any person who may have helped create the Entry (or from an appropriate parent/legal guardian if any such person(s) is considered a minor in their eligible country of residence); that his or her Entry conforms to these Official Rules, and that the Entry: (i) is the original work of the Entrant; (ii) has not previously been submitted in any competition and has not won an award or prize of any kind; (iii) does not include trademarks, logos, or copyrighted material not owned by Entrant or material that is used without permission (including but not limited to company names, photographs, works of art, or images published on or in websites, television, movies, or other media) or that otherwise infringes or violates the rights of any third party (including but not limited to, copyrights, trademarks, patents, trade secrets, logos, contract and licensing rights, rights of publicity or privacy, moral rights (i.e., droit morale), or any other intellectual property rights); (iv) except as set forth above content of Entry is not subject to any third party agreement(s), the Sponsor will not be required to pay or incur any sums to any person or entity as a result of its use or exploitation of the idea or rights therein as contemplated in these Official Rules; (v) not contain references to pornography, sexual or racial slurs or connotations, offensive language, obscenities or any material that is libelous or defamatory, or would be offensive to, or disparage, a group or individual including, without limitation, disparaging attitudes based on race, gender or religion; (vi) not promote alcohol, illegal drugs, pornography, tobacco; (vii) not promote any particular political agenda or message; (viii) not contain any personally identifiable information about any person and ; (ix) not disparage the Sponsor or any other person or party affiliated with the Contest. Please review the Alienware Arena website Terms of Service and copyright infringement policy located at http://www.alienwarearena.com/legal/terms/ for more information. Should Entrant include any personally identifiable information about him/herself in his/her Entry, Entrant acknowledges and agrees that such information may be disclosed publicly and Entrant is solely responsible for any consequences thereof. Sponsor and its agents reserve the right not to consider, and to remove, any Entry they deem, in their sole, subjective determination, to be inappropriate and/or not in compliance with these Official Rules and will not engage in any form of communication or discussion with the Entrant or anyone else about any Entry. All Entrants hereby waive and agree not to assert any moral rights in and in connection with the Entry. All decisions of the Sponsor are final and binding and cannot be appealed.
5. Scoring, Judging and Winner Selection: From approximately September 11, 2017 through September 13, 2017, a panel of three Sponsor judges ("Judges") will review, judge and score the Creative Writing part of the Entries. The Entry with the highest score will be the winner. In the event of a tie, the tie will be broken by the Entry with the highest score in the Originality category. The decision of the Judges will be final and binding in all matters; no Entrant will have the right to challenge the verdict and the Judges will not engage in any conversation or explanation regarding their decision.
Sponsor will award to one grand prize winner the PC Build that the winner submitted for his/her Entry.
· If Entrant submits a PC Build with an ARV of less than AUD 3200 for residents of Australia or NZD 3500 for residents of New Zealand, Sponsor will not supplement the prize with cash or any other item of value to make up the difference in value.
· No cash equivalent and no prize substitution, except as allowed by Sponsor who reserves the right to offer a prize of equal/greater value.
· Sponsor will not replace any lost, stolen, misplaced or damaged prizes.
· All taxes (and the reporting consequences thereof) and any other fees or costs associated with the prizes described above are the sole responsibility of the winners.
All details and other restrictions of prizes not specified in these Official Rules will be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. The approximate retail value (“ARV”) of the prize is AUD 3200 for residents of Australia and NZD 3500 for residents of New Zealand.
7. Notification of Winner. The person selected to win the prize will be notified by mail, phone or e-mail, as determined by Sponsor within three (3) days following the judging. If required by law, the winner also will be required to execute Federal and State tax releases. Within seven (7) days of notification attempt, winner must respond to Sponsor with the requested contact information and if applicable, any tax release, or the prize will be forfeited. In such a case, the Entrant with the next highest score will be the winner.
· The winner, by entering the Contest, consents to the inclusion of his or her name, alias and country being disclosed by Sponsor as indicated below.
· Sales taxes, if any, and income taxes are the responsibility of each winner.
· Sponsor will pay the costs of shipping or delivery of the prize (as included in the PC Build cost).
9. General Release. As far as permitted by applicable law, Sponsor, Dell Corporation, and each of their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries and advertising and promotion agencies (collectively, “Contest Entities”), and all of their respective officers, directors, agents and employees will not be responsible for any of the following insofar as they are beyond their reasonable control: (a) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to telephone, electronic, hardware, software, network, Internet, or any other computer and communications related malfunctions or failures; (b) any Contest disruptions, injuries, losses or damages caused by events beyond the control of Sponsor with the exception of personal injury or death caused by negligence; or (c) any technical or human error such as typographical, printing, or administrative errors in any materials associated with the Contest. Unless prohibited by the applicable law, you acknowledge that the prizes will be awarded “as is” and that the Sponsor makes no warranty, guarantee or representation of any kind, expressed or implied, concerning a prize or regarding the use, value or enjoyment of the prize.
By entering the Contest, Entrants agree to release, discharge, indemnify, and hold each of the Contest Entities and each of their officers, directors, employees, agents and representatives harmless from and against any and all losses, damages, rights, claims, and actions of any kind arising in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from the Contest or participation in any Contest-related activity, or resulting directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize awarded in connection with the Contest, including without limitation personal injury, death, and/or property damage, as well as claims based on publicity rights, defamation, and/or invasion of privacy.
10. General Terms.
· To the extent permitted by applicable law, the Contest and these Official Rules will be governed, construed and interpreted under the laws of the state of California, USA. Each Entrant agrees that any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest or the prize awarded and all issues and questions concerning the validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively in a court of competent jurisdiction sitting in Santa Clara County, California, USA, and all Entrants agree to Santa Clara County as the venue for any legal action without regard to conflict of laws doctrine. Some jurisdictions will not recognize the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of Santa Clara County, USA, in which case the above clause on jurisdiction may not apply to you.
· Any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Contest and, to the maximum extent permitted by law, never shall include consequential, incidental or punitive damages, and in no event attorneys’ or experts’ fees. Some jurisdictions do not allow the limitation or exclusion of liability for incidental or consequential damages, so the above may not apply to you.
· The Contest is subject to applicable federal, state, provincial and local laws and regulations.
· Entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and by the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects.
· Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend, and/or modify the Contest, or any part thereof, if any fraud, technical failures, or any other factor beyond Sponsor's reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Contest, or Sponsor otherwise becomes incapable of running the Contest as planned, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual founds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such persons to the fullest extent permitted by law.
· Sponsor’s failure to enforce any terms of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
10. Winner; Rules Request. For the name and country of the Winner, visit https://anz.alienwarearena.com/ucf/News approximately September 15, 2017 – November 14, 2017. To obtain a copy of these Official Rules, email email@example.com with your request, name and address.
11. Sponsor. The Contest is sponsored by iGames, Inc., 2420 E Old Penitentiary Rd, Boise, ID 83712, US.